RESTART® Friendly Asian Inspired Chicken Recipe
When starting a new Real Food lifestyle, meal planning and prep can sometimes have a learning curve. To avoid feeling overwhelmed, it can be helpful to stick with the basics. For each meal, begin with protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates in the form of vegetables. Then it’s time to add some flair. That’s where experimenting with new seasoning and flavors can add a bit of excitement to any meal. And when you’re cooking during the week, something that comes together quickly with a lot of flavor can be the motivation to prepare a meal full of real food ingredients.
Midweek meal inspiration: Healthy doesn’t have to be boring.
This delicious Asian inspired chicken dish checks all the boxes for quick, easy and tasty! Created by RESTART® Instructor Peg Wedig of Wedig Wellness, it takes about 25-30 minutes from start to finish. Peg describes the flavor as “Japanese teriyaki-like” and it pairs well with green beans and coconut milk cauliflower rice.
Asian Inspired Chicken
- 1T butter or ghee, melted
- 1/2 c coconut aminos
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cooking fat such as coconut oil
- Salt, to taste
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, ginger and garlic.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the pan and add cooking fat.
- Pan fry the chicken until almost cooked.
- Add the sauce and simmer over low heat until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Salt to taste and serve immediately.
Serving suggestions: Try with a side of sautéed green beans with sliced almonds and cauliflower rice.
To read more and find more RESTART® friendly recipes like her homemade mayo and ranch dressing, visit’s Peg’s site.