RESTART® Friendly Chocolate Berry Bites
Just in time for Valentines Day, a recipe for Chocolate Berry Bites by RESTART® Instructor, Lori McClurg.
A Beautiful Dessert or Gift for Your Sweetheart (or You!)
Lori created this recipe for her RESTART® participants. She recognized that, while removing sugar from your diet can be a challenge, the benefits definitely outweigh the challenge every time.
These not-so-sweet treats would make a beautiful gift or dessert for anyone. With good fats from coconut oil and almond butter, antioxidant benefits from cacao and berries, and extra flavor from add-ins such as coconut flakes, coconut butter or nuts, it’s a treat that’s good for your body as well as as your taste buds.
The chocolate base can be used in other recipes and layered with coconut butter for a almond joy substitute or layered with more almond butter for a healthful version of a nut butter cup. These are chock full of healthful fats that will give you sustained energy. Try out different variations and find your favorite!
Chocolate Berry Bites Recipe
by Lori McClurg, NTP and RESTART® Instructor
- 1 cup organic unfiltered coconut oil
- 1 cup organic no sugar added almond butter
- 1 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- berries, various nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, almond butter, peppermint essential oil, wild orange essential oil, etc. (optional fillings)
- Over a double boiler melt coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder, and vanilla extract together and thoroughly mix.
- Using silicone candy trays or lined mini muffin pan, add one berry (no strawberries if doing for RESTART®️), pinch of coconut flakes, nuts, or whichever mix in you’d like, in each mold.
- Scoop chocolate mixture into each mold over the mix in and freeze for 15 min.
- Store them in the freezer and pop out and thaw for 5 min and enjoy!
Lori has other RESTART® friendly recipes including cauliflower hummus and portobello burgers. You can find them on her blog!